Can You Receive Compensation for Hearing Loss After Using 3M Earplugs?

On Behalf of | Sep 17, 2019 | Firm News |

For more than a decade, the 3M company provided our armed forces with earplugs which were allegedly not long enough to form a seal inside the wearer’s ear. Tens of thousands of Americans in every branch of the military received a defective product and now suffer from tinnitus and hearing loss as a result. Now many are asking whether they can receive compensation for hearing loss after using 3M earplugs.

There is hope, however. Law offices around the nation are working with affected veterans to obtain compensation from the 3M Company. A veteran seeking damages from the 3M company must match three key criteria.

The Three Criteria for Filing a Claim on 3M Combat Earplugs

  • You served in any branch of the United States military (including the Coast Guard) for a period between 2003 and 2015.
  • You used the military-provided black and yellow 3M combat earplugs
  • You currently experience hearing loss, tinnitus, or other, related symptoms.

If you meet these three criteria, you may be eligible for financial compensation. The pain and medical expenses associated with hearing loss, ear pain, and tinnitus (a constant ringing in the ears) should not cause more suffering than they already have.

How an Attorney Can Help

While the 3M company agreed to pay the United States government a $9 million settlement, the government has not issued additional compensation or support systems for its veterans. This issue impacts thousands of members from our armed forces. That’s why veterans impacted by 3M combat earplugs are turning to their local attorneys, seeking compensation for hearing loss and the medical bills, damages, and pain associated with hearing impairment.

If you would like an Atlanta-based personal injury attorney to review your claims for hearing loss caused by 3M combat earplugs, we’re here to help. If you’d like to schedule an appointment with Pratt Clay to review your case, please call 404-566-9460 or send us an email.