Atlanta Hit-And-Run Car Accident Lawyer
Injured In A Hit-And-Run Accident? Call Us To Learn More About Your Rights.
Being involved in a car accident is frightening enough, but the aftermath of a collision can be even more stressful if the other driver flees the scene. In Georgia, it is a crime to leave the scene of an accident without exchanging information or rendering aid, especially when the auto accident results in serious personal injury or death, yet hit-and-run accidents continue to happen at an alarming rate. Many times, this is because the at-fault driver is under the influence or lacks adequate insurance.
Why You Should Call Us After An Accident
- We have won $100+ million for our clients.
- We have litigated cases in 25 different states.
- We start each case with a FREE consultation.
- We are backed by decades of experience.
If you were injured in a hit-and-run accident, call our firm for a free consultation: 404-566-9460.
What You Should Do After A Hit-And-Run Accident?
If you have been involved in a hit-and-run accident, you may be wondering “What now?” After calling the police and filing a report, the next step you should take is to contact an Atlanta hit-and-run accident attorney at Pratt Clay LLC. Our firm has the resources to investigate your case and make every possible effort to hold the responsible driver accountable. If this is not possible, we may then be able to assist you in recovering compensation through an uninsured motorist claim.
After a hit-and-run accident, you should also take the following steps:
- Write down as much as you can remember about the other vehicle.
- Call the police immediately if you are injured, and file a report.
- Get the names and contact information of anyone who witnessed the crash.
- Take pictures of the scene, as well as any injuries you have suffered.
- Seek medical attention, even if your injuries do not appear to be serious.
- Report the details of the car accident to your insurance company.
Seeking Compensation Through An Uninsured Motorist Claim
If you are unable to identify the driver who hit you, you may still be able to recover compensation by filing a claim with your own insurance company. As long as you have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage on your automobile insurance policy, you should be able to recover compensation for the cost of your medical treatment, vehicle repairs and lost wages.
In Georgia, you are not required to carry uninsured motorist coverage; however, your insurance company is required to offer it. If you are unsure about whether or not you are protected by uninsured motorist coverage, please contact Pratt Clay LLC. We can help you evaluate your policy and determine your options.
Are you ready to take the first step?
Contact Pratt Clay LLC for the help you need from a skilled hit-and-run accident attorney in Atlanta.