Atlanta Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
At Pratt Clay LLC, We Hold Negligent Drivers Accountable
Over the last several years, thousands of pedestrians have been injured and killed in preventable traffic accidents. According to the Georgia Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, pedestrians account for nearly 10% of all auto accident fatalities. While pedestrian accidents can occur for a number of different reasons, one thing remains the same: if you were injured by a negligent, careless, or reckless driver in Atlanta or a surrounding area, you have the right to seek fair compensation.
Why should you call Pratt Clay LLC after an accident?
- We’ve secured over $100 million for our clients.
- We have litigated cases in over 20 different states.
- Our attorneys have been named to Super Lawyers.
- We do what’s best for our clients, not our firm.
Get started by requesting a FREE consultation with our Atlanta pedestrian injury attorneys.
Common Mistakes To Avoid After A Pedestrian Accident
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be thinking “What now? What should I do next?” The answer is simple: contact a pedestrian accident lawyer at Pratt Clay LLC. Without an experienced attorney by your side, it’s easy to make a mistake that could jeopardize your claim or cost you the level of compensation you rightfully deserve.
In order to protect your rights after a pedestrian accident, you should avoid:
- Taking the blame or discussing the accident with the other party
- Giving the other party’s insurance company a recorded statement
- Giving the insurance company access to your medical records
- Settling your claim prematurely or for less money than you deserve
- Making important decisions without first consulting an attorney
At Pratt Clay LLC, we know that being involved in an accident can be an overwhelming experience – especially when your medical bills start piling up, and your injuries have rendered you unable to work. When you work with our firm, we can handle all aspects of your accident claim while you focus on your recovery.
Establishing Fault In A Pedestrian Accident Case
While drivers and pedestrians can both play a role in causing an accident, the reality is that pedestrians tend to suffer more serious consequences. Sadly, catastrophic injuries and wrongful death are not uncommon. This is why you should enlist the services of an experienced pedestrian injury attorney if you or someone you love was injured or killed in a pedestrian accident.
In Georgia, the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Reckless driving/driving too fast for conditions
- Drivers failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians
- Making left or right-hand turns without checking crosswalks
- Driving under the influence or driving while distracted
- Drivers disobeying traffic laws (running a red light)
Were You Wrongfully Injured? Start Your Case With A Free Consultation!
After a serious accident, the first call you should make is to Pratt Clay LLC. Backed by decades of experience and tens of millions of dollars in successful recoveries, our firm knows what it takes to stand up to insurance companies, and win. To get started on your pedestrian accident case, please contact our firm for a free, no-obligation consultation.