Atlanta Uninsured Motorist Accident Attorney
Don’t Settle For Less Than You Deserve! Call Us Now!
If you have been involved in an auto accident with an uninsured motorist, it is in your best interest to consult with an Atlanta uninsured motorist attorney at Pratt Clay LLC. Our team has decades of combined experience handling all types of car accident claims, including claims in which one driver is without insurance or enough coverage to completely compensate you for your losses.
There are many complex challenges that may arise when you pursue a claim, so speak with an attorney about your case to learn more about your rights, the value of your claim and your potential legal options depending on the type of coverage you have purchased.
Contact us today to learn more about your legal options after an auto accident.
The Importance Of UM Coverage
In Georgia, uninsured motorist (UM) coverage can pay for the following:
- Property damage: Covers any damage to your vehicle
- Bodily injury: Covers any medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering for you
and your passengers
UM coverage is extremely important not only to protect you in the event
of an accident with an uninsured driver, but also to protect you in the
- The other driver does not have enough insurance. UM coverage can cover you in the event that you are in an auto accident with an underinsured driver (a driver without enough insurance to cover the full value of your losses.) After you have received compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company, your own UM coverage will kick in to cover the rest.
- You are a passenger in an accident. If you are a passenger in a vehicle that is struck by an uninsured driver, you can claim compensation from your own insurance company if you have UM coverage.
- You are involved in a pedestrian accident. If you are struck by a car as a pedestrian, you can file a claim for compensation if you have UM coverage even though you weren’t driving your car at the time of the accident.
- You are involved in a hit-and-run. If you are involved in a hit-and-run accident and the at-fault driver is nowhere to be found, you can still obtain compensation through your UM policy instead of being forced to pay for your losses from your own pocket.
Fighting For The Compensation You Deserve
A car wreck can be a serious – and expensive – disruption to your life. You may have injuries and mounting medical bills with no way to pay for them, especially if your injury is severe enough to keep you from being able to work. In times like these, it is important to have someone on your side to minimize your stress, guide you through the legal process, and help you get the full and fair compensation you deserve in a timely manner. You can trust Pratt Clay to be the firm you can count on in your time of need.