Dog Bite Injury Lawyer In Atlanta, GA
Were You Attacked By Someone Else’s Pet? Learn More About Your Rights!
Every year, more than 800,000 Americans seek medical treatment for dog bite injuries. Nearly half of these victims are under the age of 13. If you or your child was attacked by someone else’s dangerous pet, you have rights. With the help of an Atlanta personal injury attorney from Pratt Clay LLC, you can seek compensation for the harm you have suffered.Our firm has already recovered over $100 million on behalf of injured victims – call now to find out how we can assist you.
Common Dog Bite Injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Facial scarring / disfigurement
- Infected wounds and lacerations
- Long-term emotional trauma
- Nerve and muscle damage
Understanding Your Rights Under Georgia’s Dog Bite Law
Unfortunately, Georgia has some of the complicated laws regarding dog bite victims’ rights. While many people believe that the law favors dog owners over dog bite victims, it is possible to seek justice when you hire the right injury attorney.
In order to recover damages, a Georgia dog bite victim must be able to prove that:
- The dog was dangerous (i.e. it had previously bitten someone else)
- The owner of the dog was aware of the dog’s vicious tendencies
- The dog owner allowed their pet to roam free without restraint
According to the state’s dog bite law, the burden is on the victim to establish that the owner knew about the dog’s propensity for violence. For this reason, it is recommended that you work with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Atlanta.
Five Steps You Should Take After Being Attacked By A Dog
Being bitten by a dog can be a traumatic experience, especially when the attack is unexpected and unprovoked. If you or someone you love has been
injured by a dangerous dog, it is important to know what steps you should take next.
If you are the victim of a dog bite or attack, you should follow these
- Write down the name and contact information of the owner
- Report the incident to animal control and the proper authorities
- If possible, take pictures of the dog and any injuries you’ve suffered
- Visit the hospital or ER for treatment immediately after the attack
- Contact Pratt Clay for a free case review
Contact Pratt Clay LLC for a Free Review: 404-566-9460
At Pratt Clay LLC, our philosophy is simple: we do what’s best for our clients, not our firm. If you have been injured by a dangerous dog in Atlanta, GA, we are ready to help you seek justice. Backed by decades of personal injury law experience and millions of dollars in successful recoveries, our firm is well-equipped
to fight for the level of compensation you deserve. Give us a call today to find out why so many others have put their faith in Pratt Clay LLC.
Are you ready to get started on your case? Contact our firm today for a free, no-risk consultation.