Atlanta Defective Medical Device Litigation Attorney
We’ve Recovered Millions For Our Clients
Medical device manufacturers are expected to thoroughly test their products for safety before releasing them to the market and the public. This obligation is not always met, though, and each year, thousands of people will be hurt due to a defective medical device that fails, causing further injury or a preventable loss of life. Sometimes the only way to get Big Pharma and national corporations to listen and improve is targeting their bottom line and filing lawsuits against them for wrongdoing.
Pratt Clay LLC is an Atlanta personal injury law firm that is proud to stand up for the rights of consumers and patients who have suffered due to poorly manufactured, researched or produced medical devices. With Attorneys Bradley Pratt and Chuck Clay leading our law firm, we are able to help our clients through their cases completely from start to finish, including cases that must go into the courtroom for litigation.
Reasons people choose to work with Pratt Clay LLC:
- Decades of combined legal experience focused on personal injury claims
- $100-plus million in recoveries secured for clients
- Litigation experience in 25-plus states
- Best Lawyers in America selection winners
Ready to hold a medical device manufacturer accountable for wrongdoing? So are we. Call 404-566-9460 to schedule a free consultation today.
Dangerous Medical Devices In The News And On The Market
Many medical devices that are discovered to be hazardous to the user and patient health are not actually taken off the market immediately. Some still remain to this day, potentially endangering more and more people as time goes on.
A few defective medical devices that have been in the news in recent years include:
- Bair Hugger heated blankets: A warming blanket used after surgery that has been linked to severe infections and overheated patients.
- DePuy knee implants: A device to replace or repair a broken knee that may fail or cause infection.
- Hernia mesh devices: A patch to cover hernias after replacement surgeries. Certain models and brands are prone to coming loose and causing hernia recurrence.
- IVC filters: A metallic hook-like device that is inserted into the inferior vena cava to catch stray blood clots. If the device fails, it can tear the inferior
vena cava or enter the heart, leading to heart failure.
- Mirena IUD: A birth control device that has been linked to several serious side effects, including pseudotumor cerebri, which may cause temporary or permanent blindness.
- Stryker hip implants: A hip implant or replacement made of metal that can splinter with regular use over time, causing internal bleeding, metallosis poisoning and other issues.
Atlanta Defective Medical Devices Attorneys On Your Side
You deserve compensation that pays for medical costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more after being hurt by a defective medical device. Pratt Clay LLC has built a reputation for being there for our clients through thick and thin. No matter the size or tenacity of the opposition, you can rest assured knowing that we are here to fight on your behalf during conference room mediation or courtroom litigation.